Monday, March 20, 2017
6:00pm – 7:30pm
Repeats weekly until 04/24/2017.
Phillips Communication Building; 850 Bolton Road
Transgender Voice and Communication Group
For individuals pursuing vocal and communication changes related to gender identity
* A discussion and practice group
* Facilitated by a speech-language pathologist and speech-language pathology graduate students
* An opportunity to use new vocal and communication qualities in a safe and confidential environment
* Role playing with audio and video recording
* Feedback from peers and facilitators using recordings
* Share experiences regarding communication challenges
* Gender specific breakout discussions
* Individual sessions targeting voice transition are also available through the UConn Speech and Hearing Clinic-Please call to inquire
* Individuals at any point in their gender transition are welcome
Spring Topic: We will explore the various components of voice and how non-verbal communication contributes to perception of masculinity and femininity. This semester will include practical application of topics covered and have increased opportunities to receive feedback from both group members and group facilitators.
Mondays; 6pm - 7:30pm January 30, 2017 - April 23, 2017 *The group will not meet on Monday, March 13, 2017.
Phillips Communication Building 850 Bolton Road, Unit 1085, Storrs, CT 06269
* * The cost for the group is $25 for the spring semester * *
Please RSVP to the Clinic Office: 860-486-2629 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 860-486-2629; email@example.com
Rainbow Center (primary)
Thank you for submitting an event.
Please check your email for more information.